Saturday, February 15, 2014

Dada Manifesto


Dada comes from the dictionary. It is terribly simple. In French it means "hobby horse". In German it means "good-bye", "Get off my back", "Be seeing you sometime". In Romanian: "Yes, indeed, you are right, that's it. But of course, yes, definitely, right". And so forth”.
Dada Manifesto
by Hugo Ball
My understanding of these words from Hugo Ball, our world is full of multiplicity of different opinions and ideologies which makes our society a unique place to express ourselves while receiving some of degrees of an agreement and disagreement.  In the Dada Manifesto, I believe Hugo ball is justifying to his reader that one should to try to avoid a conflict or argument at all cost regardless of their differences. One can learn to have an open discussion with another by resolving their differences on particular subject. I chose this quote by Hugo Ball, because these words somehow resonate with my philosophy as individual of this society. I believe one should always try to resolves his/hers differences about how their views other opinions.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment